The latest residential security solutions are getting increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to complete easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to remember doing these tasks ever again? When you implement geofencing in Tuscaloosa, you can just leave the driveway and have your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Tuscaloosa For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you can arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your mobile device to determine when you go past the boundary and then triggers pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. This innovative approach assists your home security by putting all devices onto a single network. You can then institute a unique boundary around your home and program particular actions when you go past the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your premises, you could set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing will notify your system to disable the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even adjust your your temperature settings.
Here are some of the devices you may control with geofencing:
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like TVs or appliances
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way to use your home’s security system in Tuscaloosa. With the security app, you are able to reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of a button, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your alarms when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light when your doorbell camera notices unusual motion around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that operate in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system as you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Tuscaloosa
Whether you seek added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (205) 315-0267 or complete the form below to start designing your perfect security system.