How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Tuscaloosa
Security cameras can easily be placed as a hindrance—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive armed with a number of features all built to enable total protection for your family. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these features help you to have the most from video surveillance in Tuscaloosa.
How To Set Up Your Tuscaloosa Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Mounting your video surveillance on the perfect points around your residence is the right place to start with home security.. Interior security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a great notion to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear sightline of your patio, drive, front and backyard, garage, and other exterior separated buildings, like sheds. Then see a view of your front porch with a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as imperative to watch like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, installing a camera in the vicinity could hinder your privacy. Consider adding window or motion sensors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Tuscaloosa. The additions described below help to maximize security and boost overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic alerts on your mobile device anytime unusual activity is sensed. You can also configure cameras to automatically start recording when motions are discovered which helps add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Configure your home security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to guests through the device. With your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they get home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, allows for a more exhaustive look at any space. Opt for cameras that have at least 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of movement occurring on your yard or your driveway and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, move cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send timely alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your property.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Tuscaloosa is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (205) 315-0267 or complete the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.