It wasn’t that long ago when wired equipment was your only option when installing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a security camera on a table or managing your implements with a smartphone. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You now have a wealth of added perks to enjoy -- like remote access, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installs. Wireless home security systems in Tuscaloosa will defend your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems must have a stable Wi-Fi and internet connection to function properly. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you have concerns about an internet or power outage, look for options that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring specialists indefinitely.
When you reside in a more rural area without dependable access to internet or cellular services, a wired installation will probably be better. Or It may also benefit you financially to go the traditional route if you relocate to a home that has security wiring already installed.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Tuscaloosa will elevate your family’s protection, which is the main goal to begin with. But, if you prefer the chance of having the latest technology, consider the following perks of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the devices in your residence from your locking systems to your thermostat right from your smartphone using the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see footage from cameras, switch on your smart lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you neglected to do so. If a security event comes up, you can have alerts sent straight to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the countless wires, drywall damage, and lengthy system setups. One of the greatest facets of wireless components is that you are able to install them practically anywhere and with little time or effort. If you would like to update sometime in the future with other equipment, bringing elements into your network is easy.
- Interactions between components: Wireless technology makes smart home interactions possible with speedy, two-way communications. You can set your devices to perform a function in specified scenarios to increase your protection and discourage break-ins. For instance, if your exterior camera detects unusual movement around your home, it may prompt your entryway lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Tuscaloosa
Although wireless home security systems in Tuscaloosa have shown to be dependable, it’s understandable if you have a few reservations about installing one. Here are some of the common areas of concern:
- Battery-operated wireless elements may run out of power. Although this could happen, your smart devices will send you a notification whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors usually need to be arranged within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders in some situations to boost your flexibility.
- Similar to any computer network, the risk of hacking is relevant. But you are able to do things to prevent this by using secure passwords, always changing default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security elements with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to take advantage of Tuscaloosa wireless home security? Contact us at (205) 315-0267 to speak with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the right package for your residence.